java/62837: linux-sun-jdk14 executables hang with COMPAT_LINUX in the the kernel.

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Thu Apr 12 20:40:07 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR java/62837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jonathan Belson <jon at witchspace.com>
To: Stefan Walter <stefan at freebsd.org>
Cc: Christopher Sean Hilton <chris at vindaloo.com>,
 GNATS <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: java/62837: linux-sun-jdk14 executables hang with COMPAT_LINUX in the the kernel.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:26:31 +0100

 On 6 Apr 2007, at 12:30, Stefan Walter wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > there hasn't been an update of this PR [1] for quite a while now.
 > Has the
 > problem been resolved/can the PR be closed?

 I just checked with FreeBSD 6.2 release.  Without
 _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING in the kernel, attempting to run
 executables from linux-sun-jdk14 causes core dumps:

 Apr 12 19:47:14 xev kernel: cmd java pid 88362 tried to use non-
 present sched_getscheduler
 Apr 12 19:47:14 xev kernel: pid 88362 (java), uid 0: exited on signal
 6 (core dumped)

 sched_getscheduler() is supplied by _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING,
 which is enabled in GENERIC.  I guess an end-user could figure out
 the problem from the error message, but it would be nice if the
 requirement was documented somewhere (eg. in the pkg-message, as I
 suggested).

 Cheers,

 --Jon