Java binaries available soon!

Deb Goodkin deb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 29 20:02:48 UTC 2006

Dear Java Community,

We've been receiving a lot of inquiries on when the Java binaries will
be available. I wanted to let people know that we will be releasing them
by April 5 and hopefully sooner. I realized after reading some of the
past emails, from the Java archives, that the Foundation never provided
status on where we were with the Java binaries. I apologize for this,
and will post the status in the future, on our website. We are very
excited about finally providing these binaries to the community. We are
already getting ready to provide binaries for 5.5 and 6.1. The future
releases will follow closer to the OS releases now that we have the
legal issues taken care of.

Thank you for your patience,

Deb Goodkin
Director of Operations