Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Fri Jul 28 13:03:13 UTC 2006

Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Panagiotis Astithas:
>> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>>> Today's update:
>>> * Fix SDK build: requires Java 1.4 *and* Java 1.5
>>> * Disable Mozilla stuff, does not build
>>
>> I haven't checked, but you may get better results depending on mozilla for now.
>
> What do you mean?  Build is fine as long as I set
> WITHOUT_MOZILLA=YES.  If I don't define that, mozilla stuff does
> not compile and the build fails.
>
>> I had planned to ask the  firefox maintainer if he could provide
>> a firefox1  port, to help  with this. I  think it would  work if
>> eclipse/swt used that as a  build dependency, instead of firefox
>> 1.5+. It would probably help the  jdk15/diablo ports for the web
>> plugin, too.
>
> Sorry but I don't understand your point, I may be missing
> something...

Eclipse/swt required mozilla or firefox sources, but it was not
compatible with firefox 1.5+. If you tried using WITH_MOZILLA=firefox
and had firefox 1.5 installed it wouldn't build. Using the default
mozilla dependency should work however. I'm not sure if that is the
problem you are facing, so I just wanted to note that trying to build
eclipse against firefox 1.5 might be pointless, IIRC.

Cheers,

Panagiotis