JDK 1.5 interesting behavior...

Matt Meola mmeola at vericept.com
Tue Jan 25 10:46:27 PST 2005

I can't get java to run unless I use the absolute path to the
executable.  I looked through the archives, and saw someone else had
this problem back in June of last year, but I didn't see a resolution to
the issue...

ldconfig -r tells me that /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386 is searched,
and the shared lib is in that directory.

JAVA_HOME is set to /usr/local/jdk1.5.0.

Any ideas?

# java -version
Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

# $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.5.0-p1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.5.0-p1-toor_25_jan_2005_09_13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-p1-toor_25_jan_2005_09_13, mixed
mode)

--
Matt Meola
Contractor