compiling jdk1.5 does not work straight away

Alexey Zelkin phantom at FreeBSD.org.ua
Thu Jan 20 13:17:31 PST 2005

hi,

Try executing /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java and see if it
displays warning (at first line) about impossibility to detect
initial stack location.  If it appears, you've problems with configuring
of your linux emulation.  In my expirience, it's only reproducible
if linprocfs is not mounted (for all of configurations)