Port unbuildable - openoffice-1.1 / java sdk is outdated

Owen.G owen.g at onlinehome.de
Wed Feb 16 01:05:37 PST 2005

Dear Java maintainer,

As Peter pointed out to me, the real problem I have is building FreeBSD
port for openoffice-1.1 where the build falls out after needing Java
files for linux.  I copied in the bsd-jds14-patches-7.tar.gz patches and
"a.n.other" as requested but the file j2sdk-1_4_2_06-linux-i586.bin has
been removed from Sun's website.  It has been replaced with
j2sdk-1_4_2_07-linux-i586.bin

I did the only thing I could think of and copied that file into
/usr/ports/distfiles and renamed it but of course the checksum doesn't
match.  Do you know where I could get the superceded file from? - google
doesn't help.

Any help appreciated,

----

Peter,

Thanks for the advice - I told you, I'm a newbie!  ;-)
As it happens, the build of openoffice-1.1 still fails in the same place
even with the make option ""DWITHOUT_JAVA" set.

Regards,

Owen
-