is azureus finally okay?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Fri Aug 26 20:59:16 GMT 2005

In the last episode (Aug 21), Ion-Mihai Tetcu said:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:50:41 +0200 anon <goatse at phreaker.net> wrote:
> > I have used many bittorrent programs, Currently im using bittornado
> > after using rtorrent (great program but crashing all the time) But
> > Bittornado doesnt relly have all the good functions like a torrent
> > queue for example...
> >
> > Anyway I have had freeBSD 5.3 and my runnings with azureus have
> > always been troublesome, because azureus+freeBSD arent the best
> > friends... last time I tried with 2.2.0.0 and jdk-14 it didnt work,
> > only time it worked was when I tried an CVS nightbuild, with an old
> > azureus version, like 1.4 ... but that crashed once in a while
> > too...
> >
> > So im just wondering 1) is azureus, latest version from ports
> > finally hassle/bug/crash free? and therefore 1 b) is jdk 1.5
> > finally working and okay?  not just beta, or that I have to use
> > linux 1.5 java
>
> Right now azureus won't compile because of the new eclipse version.

I'm not sure why azureus requires eclipse at all.  I have a homemade
port at http://dan.allantgroup.com/FreeBSD/swt-dan.tar.gz that builds a
standalone libswt, and I just use the jar file provided on the azureus
web site.  There are no source patches in the current azureus port, so
it doesn't really make any sense to have to recompile it.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com