java/68972: unpack crashes during make install of linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05

fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
Thu Jul 15 16:20:23 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR java/68972; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
To: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot at caraldi.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: java/68972: unpack crashes during make install of linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:12:49 -0400 (EDT)

 On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

 > * Michel Lavondes:
 >
 > > Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
 >
 > Have you read [1]Signal 11 while compiling the kernel?
 >
 > [1] http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

 No, I hadn't. But I have now (and bookmarked it), and it doesn't help. The
 "retry after dd" test crashes while unpacking the same file.

 Thanks for your suggestion.

 --
 "I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your
 citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah,