why native jdk?

Nicolas Gieczewski foo at bar.org
Wed Jan 14 05:10:03 PST 2004

Just like Sheldon said, the native JDK _is_ more stable than the Linux one. Of course, you may not notice any differences during your particular usage. I run a rather complex console multi-threaded application that used to crash the Linux JDK, whereas the native JDK never had any problems with it. Furthermore, I believe I had to turn /dev/random into a link to /dev/urandom for SSL handshaking to work on the Linux SDK.

Cheers,

Nicolas Gieczewski
Nix Software Solutions
http://www.nixsoftware.com/