ports/75348: Tomcat port overwrites server.xml config file

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Dec 21 20:55:30 PST 2004

[ Brent reminded me of a previous message he sent to this list with an
approach based on checksums from the packing list [1] ]

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 11:21:40PM -0500, Brent Verner wrote:
>   See an earlier email I sent today.  The attached script has
> a line of pkg_info commands that do exactly what you describe
> above using the checksum from the package being replaced.
>
>   The script is not ready for real use, but it does know how
> to answer the big question :-)

Indeed. If we don't need the diff feature (to help user merge the
changes), then this is an efficient approach. The only problem I see
here is that the whole packing list will be checked for md5 conformance
when we only need information regarding the configuration files. Still I
don't think it's a big flaw...

Herve

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2004-December/003264.html