FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE + JDK1.4 native in a Jail -> hangs 99% cpu on kserel

Joris Verschoor j.verschoor at nefli.nl
Thu Dec 16 01:55:39 PST 2004

Ronald Klop wrote:

> This doesn't sound like your out of resources, which was what the
> exception stated.
> Can you find out what resource the exception is trying to get?

I think it's some bytes from a socket, because it sometimes says stuff
like can't read or write or something. The 99% cpu in top is almost all
system-cpu.

> Maybe use truss to find out which system call is returning an
> out-of-resources error.
>
> Ronald.

I've moved the resin.so and resinssl.so away from libexec, and
everything seems to work now.
I'll go and analyze the resin JNI code. I think the JNI code uses or
leaks sockets, and then there are none left for the pg connection.
I can't imagine that, because it works perfectly on windows, and I
assume on linux too, because I've googled alot for it:)

Thanks for all your help, I'll let you guys know what my findings are.

Joris