Linux binary library JNI w/native FreeBSD JDK

Frederick N. Brier fbrier at multideck.com
Wed Aug 4 17:26:49 PDT 2004

I saw some mailing list messages that seemed to indicate that a Linux
binary library could not be loaded/accessed via JNI in a native FreeBSD
JDK.  The reverse situation also seemed to cause problems, ie: a FreeBSD
binary being accessed by a Linux JDK running under FreeBSD.  Apparently
their were link errors and other problems.  I was having a conversation
with someone today and before I even looked at the mailing list, I said
that it was unlikely to work.  Is this the case?  Thank you.

Frederick N. Brier