Problems building JDK1.3.1p8_1

John Sigsworth Glover jsglover at zetnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 30 05:03:22 PST 2003

Hi

FreeBSD 4.7

Downloaded the updated tar.gz for jdk13 from the ports directory,
unpacked and started to run. Following the prompts have downloaded the
files from SUN as requested.

Make process stops when applying a lot of patches with the following ...

===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p8_1
Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
../src/solaris/classes/sun/awt/motif
/font.properties.ja.bsd.rej
 >> Patch patch-font.properties.ja.bsd failed to apply cleanly.
 >> Patch(es) patch-InetAddressImpl.c patch-common::Defs-bsd.gmk applied
cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.

I can progress no further since I am not sure where to look to resolve
this issue.

Any suggestions?

Regards
    John S Glover