[porting-dev] FreeBSD: javaldx reports unusable stuff

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Sat Mar 29 15:20:08 PST 2003

Hi all,

> I just remembered that we still used to have in jvmscan.cxx
> #define NO_HOTSPOT_USE_CLASSIC 1
>
> but it seems that this file isn't built anymore ? Am I missing
> a #ifdef somewhere ? Is this file still used in the linux build ?

Looks like the new module jvmaccess (which has replaced jvmscan.cxx
as I've learned now) does now work with the FreeBSD JDK 1.4.1.

I bet our native jdk has some magic strings in the version
numbers so a detection fails here :(

That's why I send this mail to the freebsd java mailinglist too.
Is our native JDK doing strange things ? Or is even Hotspot disabled
by default ?

Martin