shujit

Dag-Erling Smorgrav des at ofug.org
Mon Jun 16 00:53:24 PDT 2003

[redirected from private mail to -java]

Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> writes:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 11:45:39PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > You've marked java/shujit BROKEN for OSVERSION >= 500113, yet I've had
> > no trouble at all building and running it on 5.1-RELEASE and recent
> > -CURRENT.  What's up?
> Probably you have some stale headers on your system that are allowing
> the build to spuriously succeed.

You're right.  I've narrowed it down to bogus code in one of the
shujit headers which uses struct osigcontext instead of struct
sigcontext for FreeBSD >= 4.x, and apparently struct osigcontext
recently disappeared from the system headers.  I don't think using
struct osigcontext is correct for *any* FreeBSD version, but I haven't
had a chance to test my (attached) patch on 4.x yet.

Any objections to my picking up the maintainership on this port?  I
use it quite a bit since - unlike sobomax :) - I'm not entirely
comfortable with JDK 1.4.1 yet, and shujit makes a big difference on
1.3.1's performance.

DES
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des at ofug.org