Empty cacerts file installed by jdk-1.4.2p5 port caused sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Nicolas Gieczewski foo at bar.org
Tue Dec 9 05:59:31 PST 2003

Hello,

I was successfully running an SSL-enabled application on the Linux version of JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE, and decided to go native. When I built the native JDK and ran my app on it, I got the following exception when it attempted to open an SSL connection to a host the Linux JDK had never had trouble connecting to:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

After some research, I tracked down the problem to the jre/lib/security/cacerts file installed by the jdk-1.4.2p5 port: it was only 32 bytes in size and contained no certificates. I copied the cacerts file from the Linux JDK's directory and that fixed the problem.

Is this a known issue? Or am I the only human being in the world to ever have this problem? I have attached the cacerts file installed by the port.

Please reply to the list only, for my supplied address is fake.

Thanks,
Nick

---
MSN2Go - Web-based MSN Messenger client