Socket Exception using 1.4

Lapinski, Michael (Research) lapinski at crd.ge.com
Wed Aug 6 12:21:59 PDT 2003

One suggestion, try using NetworkInterface
to poll for up/down/ip info (I read a short
Article in the java developers journal about
it and would be willign to fax it to you or
Something).

Second, the first thing that comes to mind
is policy files for the JVM, ive seen a lot
of weird socket excpetions with RMI stuff
that ended up being policy issues.

If that doesn't do anything send a code
snippet and maybe I can be of help.

-mtl