Application Jail Shutdown Problem

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon May 6 21:10:36 UTC 2019

Am 30.04.2019 um 20:03 schrieb squiggly foo <foo.squiggly at yandex.com>:
> I use the mount.fstab parameter to mount a number of file systems before starting a jail which works without any problem.  However since it is an application jail, there are no other processes running inside the jail other than the one application.  As soon as that application terminates the jail is removed by the host.

Would keeping the jail around be an alternative?

With the persist parameter, the jail doesn’t go away when the last process exits, and starting the same (or another) process with the same jail name will reuse the existing jail.

Only when you really want to get rid of the jail you destroy it explicitly, including unmounting the file systems.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811