Performance issues with VNET/bridge/VLAN

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Feb 28 08:45:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

just a quick info - I need some more time because this is getting weirder and weirder …

Changing the „complaint“ host from VLANs to dedicated interfaces fixed
the perceived TCP performance issue for that host. Then I tried to reproduce
the problem on another host *with* the VLAN based setup.
Same OS version, identical setup (all Ansible here) - *no* performance issue.
Everything running „fast“.

I’ll try to build a reliable test scenario with reproducibly problematic results
and report back.

Kind regards
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100