jails which take a long time to shutdown

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Feb 6 17:46:02 UTC 2019

Dan Langille wrote on 2019/02/06 16:47:
> Michael,
>
> Something came to mind with your recent post about exit codes.
>
> What if a jail takes minutes to shutdown?  Will it be shutdown properly?
>
> I ask because I routinely have a jail which when restarted has a corrupted mongodb database.
>
> I have not tracked down the issue, but I know it takes a while to shutdown.

Can it be related to calling /etc/rc.shutdown and sort
rcshutdown_timeout in rc.conf? (etc/defaults/rc.conf has
rcshutdown_timeout=90)

Is your mongodb corrupted when you just restart the jail or only in case
when you restart the whole machine? I am not sure if the system shutdown
will wait 90 for each jail or kill all processes after 90 seconds
counted by hosts rcshutdown_timeout.

Miroslav Lachman