setfib (ez)jails and wierd routing

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Mon Oct 16 14:28:33 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 10:38:58 +0000
Andrew Hotlab <andrew.hotlab at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marko. I'm running an almost identical setup, but I do not have
> this issue: ICMP echo reply packets are sent from the right
> interface. The only difference is that I didn't defined additional
> lo1 and lo2 interfaces, but I guess it shouldn't be the cause.
>
> I'm running releng/10.3. Which release are you working on?

Hi Andrew,

sorry for late reply. I'm running 11.1-RELEASE-p1. I am definitely
seeing packets with source addresses of my DMZ jails (fib2) exiting
through interface on local LAN. Those are mostly icmp echo replies that
should be coming from jails but are not due to the fact that jails
don't have raw sockets enables. So, echo replies are returned from
host (and not jails), whose default gateway is on internal network.

Would freebsd-net be more appropriate list for this problem?

Thank you in advance,
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/