ZFS and Jail :: nullfs mount :: nothing visible from host

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Thu Dec 8 17:03:18 UTC 2016

Quoting SK <fbstable at cps-intl.org> (from Thu, 8 Dec 2016 16:41:29 +0000):

> Thank you for your response. I tried setting it up like that (use
> zfs set jailed=on), and that did not work. I could not even run zfs
> from within the jail. Maybe I did something wrong -- so I am setting
> up a test box where I can try them all out.

You need to have the zfs device visible in the jail, for this you need
to use a devfs rule at jail-start which makes it visible in the jail.

See http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2011/05/19/how-i-setup-a-jail-host
in the part "Ad­di­tional devfs rules for Jails"
(devfsrules_jail_withzfs).

Bye,
Alexander.
--