Failure to add new files when updating jails with ezjail-admin

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Dec 7 01:26:34 UTC 2016

Kirk Coombs wrote on 2016/12/07 01:20:

> The following files will be added as part of updating to 10.3-RELEASE-p13:
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Barnaul
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Famagusta
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Tomsk
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Yangon
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Astrakhan
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Kirov
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Ulyanovsk

Files below are sources, these should not be in jails

> /usr/src/contrib/libarchive/libarchive/test/test_write_disk_secure744.c
> /usr/src/contrib/libarchive/libarchive/test/test_write_disk_secure745.c
> /usr/src/contrib/libarchive/libarchive/test/test_write_disk_secure746.c
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/README.pullrequests
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/lib/isc/tsmemcmp.c
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/scripts/build/genAuthors.in
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/sntp/m4/sntp_problemtests.m4
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/tests/libntp/run-tsafememcmp.c
> /usr/src/contrib/ntp/tests/libntp/tsafememcmp.c
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/CONTRIBUTING
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/LICENSE
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/Makefile
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/NEWS
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/README
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/Theory
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/backzone
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/checklinks.awk
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/checktab.awk
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/leapseconds.awk
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/version
> /usr/src/contrib/tzdata/zoneinfo2tdf.pl
>
> The following files will be updated as part of updating to 10.3-RELEASE-p13:
> /var/db/mergemaster.mtree
> Installing updates...mkdir: /usr/jails/newjail//boot: No such file or directory
> mtree: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel: No such file or directory
> mtree: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old: No such file or directory
> touch: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old/.freebsd-update: No such file or directory
> Could not create kernel backup directory

Jails are not using own kernel thus don;t need /boot/kernel directory

> The output is the same now matter how many times I invoke "ezjail-admin update -u,” so the new files are clearly not being inserted into the basejail.
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't like ezjail I am rolling jails by hand (few simple shell
scripts) so I can't talk about ezjail... but if freebsd-update failed
because /boot/kernel was not found inside jail, you can try to create
this directory (empty directory) and run update again.

Miroslav Lachman