How to define the order of starting jails?

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sun Dec 20 21:20:18 UTC 2015

Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> wrote:

> 20.12.15 19:50, Michael Grimm пишет:
>
>> But I am bit stuck in finding a way to start my jails in a
>> pre-defined order (e.g. first DNS, then mail, …).
>
> AFAIK ezjails start jails in reverse natural (by name) order and stops
> in natural order... So I used to name a jail to be started first as
> "zz..." one.

ezail does the following:

	# To specify the start up order of your ezjails, use these lines to
	# create a Jail dependency tree. See rcorder(8) for more details.
	#
	# PROVIDE: mail
	# REQUIRE: dns
	# BEFORE:

[defined in /usr/local/etc/ezjail/mail]

But that isn't available any longer, if one goes for "/etc/jail.conf" and "jail", instead.

Regards,
Michael