iocage following stable?

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Fri Dec 18 21:18:17 UTC 2015

Hi —

I am running ezjail for some years now, but I intend to migrate to iocage. Not that I am "disappointed" with ezjail, but I do want to give VNET a try.

After having read iocage's documentation and some google research, I am left with the following questions:

1) Currently I am using ezjail's functionality to update/upgrade my basejail from svn following STABLE. I am unsure if I can stick to running STABLE in iocage jails, and if so, how? "iocage chroot" and compile in /usr/src?

2) Is there an equivalent for "ezjail-admin console -e 'pkg upgrade -y -f' jailname", namely running commands inside a jail without entering it?

Thanks in advance and with kind regards,
Michael