Handbook Jail Chapter rewrite available for critique

Dirk Engling erdgeist at erdgeist.org
Tue Mar 19 16:53:39 UTC 2013

On 18.03.13 20:16, sib at tormail.org wrote:

> to configure things themselves. In my experience, ezjail is a much better
> solution. I also see that you are the maintainer/author of qjail and like
> to shovel your opinion as the only solution, both in this "rewrite" and
> all over the FreeBSD forums.

Taking a look at the qjail code I can not help to notice several odd
similarities with the ezjail-admin script, down to the very basic bail
out routines. I would not go so far to claim it was just a global
search/replace job but to me the code looks familiar enough to find the

# Copyright  2010,  Qjail project. All rights reserved.

offensive. I am usually quite open with the license of my software,
beerware is as permissive as it gets. I just can not take some script
kiddie right out copying my code verbatim and selling it as his, not
even acknowledging me as the original author.

Anyone here with suggestions how to properly react to this kind of "fork"?

  erdgeist