IPv4 addresses clash / jails not working after reboot…

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 19:25:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I’m Yoann. It’s my first message here so a little brief about me. I’m a OS X Server System Administrator and Trainer, actually working on a FreeBSD based setup for a simple service provider infrastructure.

On a server, I’ve three jails to provide public services, private services and VPN to access to the private services.

I’ve setup the network part of my server with two interfaces, one real with one IPv4 and 4 IPv6 and a lo1 with 4 IPv4.

As a beginner on this, I’ve start with ezjail to create my jails, I’ve create and configure my 4 jails without any problems, I’ve been able to start and stop them without difficulties, installing some services, everything went right.

At the end, I’ve hit a reboot and here, all goes down…

When my server come back, only one on the three jails start, the other fails and a sh -x end whit this this :

+ eval '_x="$jail_front0_public_example_com_ip_multi0"'
+ _x=''
+ break
+ echo ' cannot start jail "front0_public_example_com": '
 cannot start jail "front0_public_example_com":
+ tail +2 /tmp/jail.4n2kxXqu/jail.5037
jail: IPv4 addresses clash
+ rm -f /tmp/jail.4n2kxXqu/jail.5037
+ rmdir /tmp/jail.4n2kxXqu
+ echo .

Here is my network setup :

em0:
        inet IPv4Prefix.184 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast IPv4Prefix.255
        inet6 IPv6Prefix::1 prefixlen 64
        inet6 IPv6Prefix::2 prefixlen 64
        inet6 IPv6Prefix::3 prefixlen 64
lo1:
        inet 10.42.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00
        inet 10.42.0.2 netmask 0xffffff00
        inet 10.42.0.3 netmask 0xffffff00
        inet 10.42.0.4 netmask 0xffffff00

I can’t find a lot of resources on this error… So if someone can give me a clue about what happening, it could be nice :-)

Cheers
Yoann