routing in VIMAGE jails with different versions

J David j.david.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:01:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Teske, Devin <Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com>wrote:

> I've been running with that patch for years now. I asked the author of the
> patch if he had plans to merge it in, he said he wasn't happy with one
> edge-case.

Did he happen to mention what the edge case was?  If there really is no
other way to set the default route in an i386 VIMAGE jail, maybe it's
something that could be revisited.

(Or I can try to track him down directly, but I don't want to annoy him
with a bunch of questions he may already have answered. :) )

I don't know where this stands, but just wanted to chime-in that the patch
> works well for us in the situation you describe.

Thanks for the feedback!

The 2011 patch was for 8.x and doesn't apply cleanly to the rtsock.c in
9-STABLE, which makes me nervous since this code is quite over my head.
 But I've eyeballed the rejects anyway and they seem minor, so I may have
something to test soon.