Jail source address selection broken, patch for ping

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Apr 9 20:29:03 UTC 2012

On 9. Apr 2012, at 20:11 , Mark Felder wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:16:47 -0500, Juan F. Díaz y Díaz <jfd at mrecic.gov.ar> wrote:
>
>> Mark, you can just run a jail with the setfib utility so you don't need to modify all your scripts.
>
> I don't think anyone here is understanding the issue and forcing a routing table will not help.

yeah you would need a dedicated FIB per VLAN and then still have the problem that a single program like fping would try to reach a node in each VLAN and would have to switch FIBs in between and everything; that would require more patching of code.   It would be different if it was a VLAN per jail in which case you'd probably not have the problem in first place;)

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!