[jail][vnet] wlandebug inside jail, operation not permitted

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 16 21:13:32 UTC 2011


This is by design. The "root" in a jail isn't quite a full-featured
root, and in particular can't do anything that affects the hardware in
ways beyond normal non-administrative use.

- Jamie

On 02/16/11 09:34, Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:
> Hej,
>
> I have created a jail with "jail -c jid=1 vnet persist", then moved a
> wlan to it "ifconfig wlan0 vnet 1" but when I try to run:
> "jexec 1 wlandebug -i wlan0 state" I get :
>
> wlandebug: sysctl-set(net.wlan.0.debug): Operation not permitted
> net.wlan.0.debug: 0x22000 =>
>
> I can run wlandebug before moving wlan to a jail, but why cant I do it
> inside the jail? I am running everything as root.
>
>
> thank you in advance,
>


More information about the freebsd-jail mailing list