Problem using bz's multi-IP/IPv6/No-IP Jail Patch (7-STABLE)

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 20 07:00:59 PDT 2009

I wrote:
> Here's a patch for ifconfig.  It allows "ifconfig -a" and a few other
> similar informative ifconfig options to run inside an IPv4-less jail
> (of course trying to set anything still fails).  Outside of a jail, you
> should see no change.  Apply it inside your /usr/src tree, and install
> it both in the root system (under /sbin) and in your jails
> (/usr/jails/TEMPLATE or wherever).  Just in case I broke something, keep
> a copy of the old one :-).  But I've tested it on my own system so I
> don't expect anything to be broken.

The patch went in as r189864 on CURRENT and r189970 on STABLE.  But
the fix brought up some other issues, and now the STABLE patch has been
reverted.  It may come back in time for 7.2 if everything looks good in
CURRENT, but that's not a sure thing given the release schedule.

- Jamie