maxproc per jail

Jille Timmermans jille at quis.cx
Tue Mar 17 12:55:11 PDT 2009

Nicolas de Bari Embriz Garcia Rojas schreef:
> A friend suggested to schg the rc.conf and login.conf of the jail and
> put the root user in a login class with some strict perms. maybe can be
> a solution.
login.conf sets rlimit; but root ignores them, so that isn't of much use.
(I'm not 100% sure, you can give it a try)

You can also try sysctl security.bsd.suser_enabled=0; but that will also
disable root outside the jail.
Patching the kernel to ignore root in jails is not very hard I think.
Writing that, it might also be easy to patch the kernel so that
root-in-jail doesn't override rlimits.

-- Jille