request for (security) comments on this setup

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Mon Sep 22 16:25:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Bjoern A. Zeeb spaketh thusly:

-}On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Randy Schultz wrote:
-}
-}Hi,
-}
-}> I'm mounting some iSCSI storage in a jail.  It's mounting in the jail via
-}> fstab.<jailname>.  When the jail is up and I'm logged into the jail I can cd
-}> to the mount point, r/w etc., everything seems to work.  What's weird tho'
-}> is,
-}> while a df on the parent shows the partion mounted as expected, a df inside
-}> the jail shows the local disk but not the iSCSI mount.
-}> ...
-}> So, my first question is what am I missing, the second is does mounting
-}> things
-}> this way into a jail pose any sort of risk for escaping the jail?
-}
-}Does anything change if you do a
-}	sysctl security.jail.enforce_statfs=1

Arg.  I never thought to check for a sysctl option.  Indeed it does.  Tnx much
for the poke.

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Love with your heart, think with your head;  not the other way around.