Performance and advice questions.

Michael Scheidell scheidell at secnap.net
Mon Oct 6 20:35:23 UTC 2008

I would thing NFS performance depends on your applications.

many don't like the NFS locking, so, look into generic NFS performance
for each application.

(I don't think I would run postfix on an NFS partition, I would not run
most sql servers ../db files on NFS partition.  I would not want ANY
'tmp' files on NFS.)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Everything Channel Hot Product of 2008
    * Shaping Information Security Award 2008
    * CRN Magazine Top 40 Emerging Security Vendors