multi-ip jails on 7.1-BETA2

Vicks Desmond dez at accid.net
Mon Nov 10 08:58:43 PST 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, dez at accid.net wrote:
>
>> server% jail
>> usage: jail [-i] [-J jid_file] [-s securelevel] \
>>  [-l -u username | -U username] path hostname ip-number command ...
>
> that's not a patched userland (this jail binary is old and was not
> updated). Did you also rebuild userland or only the kernel?

Thanks for your reply.  Having checked everything again I found that I
was using patch(1) with -C argument (ie, check, but don't do), which
explains why the userland wasn't updated.  Now things are working as
expected and I'm a proud owner of a multi-ip jail :)

Sorry for the noise and note to self - don't blindly copy and paste
commands, especially one's that I think I understand.

Cheers,
--
Dez