multi-ip jails on 7.1-BETA2

dez at accid.net dez at accid.net
Fri Nov 7 09:32:21 PST 2008

Hi list,

I've just setup a 7.1-BETA2 server with Bjoern Zeeb's patch [1],
following the instructions described in [2].

It all went well, patch applied ok, userland tools, kernel and world
built successfully.  However, the new jail utility doesn't accept
multiple IPs on the command line:

server% jail
usage: jail [-i] [-J jid_file] [-s securelevel] \
   [-l -u username | -U username] path hostname ip-number command ...

Using the same patch and setup instructions I can get a working multi-ip
jail setup using 7.1-PRERELEASE-200809 snapshot.

Does the said patch not work with the beta?  As Bjoern indicated in an
earlier mail to the list, "There will be a new set of patches soon".
Will they work with the beta and final 7.1 releases?

Many thanks.

[1] - http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/bz_jail7-20080920-01-at150161.diff
[2] - http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-jail@freebsd.org/msg00459.html

--