New wiki page - Jails

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat May 24 21:45:42 UTC 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2008, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I just started with some informations on http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails
>> So let me know what you think about it and do not hesitate with more
>> ideas.
>

> Thanks for the summary.
>
> Just on a sidenote: most of the 'Future plans' will never happen as
> part of jails but as part of a larger virtualization technique if they
> are going to happen at all.
> Basically virtualizing everything under the name of jails does ot make
> a lot of sense. At one point you want a hypervisor and simply boot
> different instances.

Yes, I am aware of it. It is just a list of "known" feature requests. If
you have some background knowledge of what and how is planned in FreeBSD
for Jail or Vimage, please let me know and I can write some notes to
each 'Future plan' item (someting like 'covered by Vimage' or 'will
never appear in Jails' etc.) or you can do it yourself, if you have
write access to the wiki page.

Miroslav Lachman