Jail resource limits

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu May 22 22:55:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

Hi,

> Would you like me to edit existing JailResourceLimits page or would it be
> better to create new general page for Jail(s) similar to ZFS [1] page with
> table of patches and utilities extending existing jail implementation with
> status column, discription, authors etc., links to other pages with some
> useful informations and also with some "requests" area of users proposals
> that we can discuss here and try to find somebody willing to code / implement
> it? ;)

I'd prefer it to be a separate page and leave Clif's GSoC page
untouched apart from maybe adding a pointer to the new one.

The person to talk to about implementation/integrations/coordination
might be me.

> The main goal could be to get more public attention for future Jail work and
> break current stagnation of commiting existing patches.

Future, as in after FreeBSD 7, virtualization work, might no longer be
simply jails. There is more work in progress so the main target for
this will be 7 with the plan to migrate as much as possible to whatever
will be in 8.

Regards,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.