SNMP On FreeBSD 4.10

Tony Holmes tony at crosswinds.net
Wed Sep 3 17:24:10 UTC 2008

I am attempting to configure snmpd on 4.10 for monitoring bandwidth
in/out via ipfw counters.

Took a while to find all the old packages for 4.10 but it's installed
and now dying on the configure step:

cw-fw# snmpconf -g basic_setup
Not enough arguments for mkdir at /usr/local/bin/snmpconf line 174, near ""$ENV{HOME}/.snmp")"
Execution of /usr/local/bin/snmpconf aborted due to compilation errors.
cw-fw# snmpconf
Not enough arguments for mkdir at /usr/local/bin/snmpconf line 174, near ""$ENV{HOME}/.snmp")"
Execution of /usr/local/bin/snmpconf aborted due to compilation errors.

Googling has turned up people asking the same question and no answers.
This is new to me and I am currently stumped.

I installed the net-snmpd with the following options:

make WITH_INETADDRESS_HACK=yes WITHOUT_IPV6=yes NET_SNMP_SYS_CONTACT="[SNIP]"
    NET_SNMP_SYS_LOCATION="[SNIP]" install

Went well with no errors.

Help?

--