can't remove squid from the system.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Nov 18 04:15:25 PST 2007

Quoting digonto digonto <digonto.dhk at gmail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> I installed  Squid version 3.0.PRE6. The system return me the message that
> there is no squid installed when i try to uninstall squid. But actually
> squid is running in my system and usable.

If you installed it from ports www/squid30 just go back there and do
make deinstall may be the simplest way.  You might want to check
because if you installed in in ports you should see something like:

# ls -ld /var/db/pkg/squid*
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Nov 14 09:59 /var/db/pkg/squid-3.0.r1.20071001

in var/db/pkg/  at least I do ;)

Good luck,

ed