Clamav replacement for FreeBSD+postfix?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Feb 16 06:20:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:24:39 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you
wrote:

>Clamav freezes often. Reading archives, seems this is not so rare
>in FreeBSD.
>
>This is for an ISP, so experiences on other ISPs or large setups (ie over
>100,000 emails per day) would be most welcome.

We found changing the threading lib helped a lot with stability.  (ie
clamd  would be locking up throughout the day under load without the
change). Its been stable for over a month this way on our boxes (well
over 100K emails daily)

Compile as normal and add the following to libmap.conf

% cat /etc/libmap.conf
[clamd]
libc_r.so.5             libthr.so.2
libc_r.so.6             libthr.so.2
libthr.so.2             libthr.so.2
libpthread.so.1         libthr.so.2
libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2

However, in the last day we have seen the daemon exiting with a sig6
using the default clamav-devel port.  My guess some new spam or virus
hitting a bug.  Not sure yet.  Removing

--enable-experimental

from the ports Makefile seems to have helped that issue as well.

	---Mike