traffic graphing/monitoring

Arie Kachler akachler at telcom.net
Tue Oct 10 13:05:19 PDT 2006

Hello,

We are looking for a software that will graph and save history for all
traffic flows that go through our network.
Basically we are replacing a couple of Packeteer devices because they
are no longer supported and we don't want to spend the huge amount of
money they are asking for all new equipment.
I know Packeteer is mostly for bandwidth management, but we already have
that part covered.
What we do not have a solution yet, and Packeteer does, is the
graphing/monitoring of all traffic going through it.
We don't want to install a piece of software on each server in our
network that would get polled by SNMP. We know solutions for this type
of setup exist (cacti, mrtg, etc). We want to sniff all traffic coming
in and out and graph it over time by IP address.
Does such a software exist?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Arie Kachler