Dummynet,VLAN and CARP broken??

Tyrone at TelecityRedbus.se Tyrone at TelecityRedbus.se
Fri Oct 6 02:46:06 PDT 2006

Hi

Running FreeBSD6.1-RC
Kernel compiled with the following

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #allow everything by
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets
options         DUMMYNET
options         BRIDGE
options	      	HZ=1000
options         FAST_IPSEC
options         TCP_SIGNATURE
device          crypto
device          cryptodev
device		carp

Problem is with the CARP addresses staying in the "master" "master"
position when I have dummynet stripping bandwidth on that vlan. I take
the dummnet config away then the carp interfaces go to "master" and
"backup" as required.

My dummynet configs look like this

ipfw pipe 100 config bw 10500Kbit/s #setup shaping pipes 10Mbit
ipfw queue 1 config pipe 100 weight 100
ipfw queue 2 config pipe 100 weight 100
ipfw add 1000 queue 1 ip from any to any in via vlan148
ipfw add 1000 queue 2 ip from any to any out via vlan148

I have an open FW so no carp message should be blocked is dummynet
broken?

Regards

Tyrone
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and may be confidential.
If you are not an addressee you must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than the addressees of its existence or contents.