Whitelist-only email server

Tom Yerex tom.yerex at science.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 19 16:40:29 UTC 2006

Hi Ernie,

We are using ASSP with a lot of success.  Once configured, it can act as a
whitelist-only email server, and it offers additional capabilities if you
choose to use them.

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Our department is fairly small (35-40), so I cannot say how well it would
scale if you had a lot of users.

T.

Tom Yerex
IT Coordinator

The University of British Columbia
Faculty of Science, Office of the Dean
1505-6270 University Boulevard
Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6T 1Z4

v: 604.822.6080

f: 604.822.5558

User Ernie <ernie at puremail.eis.net.au>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-isp at freebsd.org
07/18/2006 11:56 PM

freebsd-isp at freebsd.org
cc

Subject
Whitelist-only email server

Has anybody set up a whitelist-only email server on FreeBSD that rejects
all
emails except ones that are in the users personal whitelist?

I am trying to figure out how to do it, I know it's an anti-spam solution
for advanced email users who understand the implications of what
legitimate emails they might miss as a consequence.

- Ernie.