Fix dates via IMAP on messages

David J. Orman ormandj at corenode.com
Wed Jul 19 08:01:38 UTC 2006

Thank you to the two gentleman who gave me useful input. I think I'll
go about it how you said, I checked a few random messages out of the
bunch and the received date looked correct. Good enough for me, I
just need the dates to be somewhere in the correct ballpark, a few
minutes makes no difference (these are mails from 7 years ago.. who
are we kidding..)

To the guy with the huge chip on his shoulder, if you don't have
something helpful to say, don't say anything. I looked at the
getdate.y you keep mentioning the first time you brought it up, no
need to slam other people who are attempting to help, and have VALID
points. I don't need all 40830484 spam mails that are stuck in my
archive suddenly popping up as my most recent mail, that would be a
NIGHTMARE. I'd *much* rather work off the received by date stamp. I
appreciated your input the first time, and I thank you for it, but
really - no need to be so abrasive to other people trying to help. It
just so happens I like their solution best.

Cheers,
David