CGI apps in C?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at gaiahost.coop
Fri Jul 14 21:17:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:00:32PM -0700, Danial Thom wrote:

> The first thing you need is a good cgiparse() routine that
> handles all the GET POST variants, forms, multipart forms, etc.
> Its a pain in the butt in 'C'.

There's lots of these libs.  uncgi is one I like pretty
well--just sticks cgi vars into envirnoment.

And actually, I found a few form2mail scripts.  After posting, I
did some proper googling.

I'm more worried about things like DOS from a bogus content
length header and spam via mail header injection and of course
buffer overflows.   So I'd still be interested if folks here have
scripts they have audited and like.

> php isn't half bad, and it has all the ugly stuff built in. You
> might get your clothes a bit cleaner with the rock and stream
> method, but use the washing machine. In the long run  you'll be
> glad you did.

heh.

I think a closer analogy is building a house from stone not
sticks.