IAMP servers in FreeBSD for ISP

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Fri Jul 7 22:47:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, July 7, 2006 3:31 pm, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Darren Pilgrim writes:
>> That's exactly how it's supposed to work.  After the initial
>> authentication, A isn't doing any real work, just passing packets
>> between the client and the backend server.
>
> If I recall correctly the one thing I found dissapointing was that
> the proxy machine used just as much memory for the proxy service as a
> the real imap connections.
>
> Right now I am leaning towards Cyrus..
> Specially now that it has replication.
>
> Going to switch my home/test bed to Cyrus..

If you (or anyone out there) get a Cyrus cluster working using MURDER,
I'd like to pick your brain, if you don't mind.  :)  We'll be moving
down that road at some point in the next year or so, and it's still
all cloudy and fuzzy in my head how it all works.  There's lots of
documentation out there, but there's not a lot of good documentation
with examples (that I can understand, anyway).

----
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net