Router upgrade....

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Apr 26 10:48:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 10:02:29AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Tyrone.VanDerHaar at TelecityRedbus.com, and lo! it spake thus:

> I would like to upgrade the OS to 6.1RC1 to get the better support
> for CARP on VLAN interfaces.What would the best way be to upgrade
> with minimum downtime?

If it were me, I'd just upgrade the box as-is by buildworld; 5 and 6
are close enough that major problems aren't too likely (of course,
this is 'in general'; a single occurance of a major problem isn't much
globally, but it sure does hurt when it happens to you ;).  Unless
something goes wrong, your downtime is two reboots.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net