PPPoE

Alen Sarkinovic alen at smartnet.ba
Mon Apr 17 07:45:19 UTC 2006

I'm not sure why there is more than one pppoed proccess but you can try the
following configuration:

/etc/rc.conf

#enable pppoed
pppoed_enable="YES"
pppoed_provider=""
pppoed_interface="bge1"
pppoed_flags="-d -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -a "provider_name" -l "default" "

/etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
 set timeout 600 # default is 180 sec (idle)
 set log Phase Chat Command
 set openmode passive
 enable pap                                     #turn on chap and pap
accounting
 allow mode direct                              #turn on ppp bridging
 enable proxy                                   #turn on ppp proxyarping
(redundant of above???)
 disable ipv6cp                                 #we don't use ipv6, don't
want the errors
 set mru 1480                                   #set mru below 1500 (PPPoE
MTU issue)
 set mtu 1480                                   #set mtu below 1500 (PPPoE
MTU issue)
 disable deflate pred1 mppe vjcomp acfcomp protocomp
 deny deflate pred1 mppe
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx-xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx  #Specify my
wifi gateway IP as well as DHCP pool range
 set radius /etc/radius.conf                    #turn on radius auth and use
this file
 accept dns                                     #turn on dns
cacheing/forwarding
 set dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 set server /var/run/ppp/tun%d "" 0177
 enable echo
 enable lqr echo
 set lqrperiod 10
 #set cd 5
 #!bg /etc/ppp/log.sh INTERFACE HISADDR

Actually you can use your own ppp.conf there is minor changes.

> Ps I give my kernel & ppp config
Actually you can use your own ppp.conf -  there are minor changes.
Regarding kernel, could you send us output from sysctl -a  &  uname -a

 > What kind of billing system did you use ?

free-radius with mysql support ! The rest is web based inteface on mysql
database writen in php.

> I have same processor type processor and ram and Freebsd 5.4
> I have simultaneous connections about 150 then when I press command ps aux
> see 10 session of
>  /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
> /usr/libexec/pppoed -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l pppoe-in -c 10 -p "*" em0
>
> And then this sessions are killed
>
> What kind of billing system did you use ?
>
> Ps I give my kernel & ppp config
>
> Please help me

GB