PPPoE

ovidiu ovidiue at unixware.ro
Sun Apr 16 09:56:46 UTC 2006

Farhad wrote:

> [...]
I see you are using pppoed. I've used pppoed in the past but had
problems with high CPU usage, so I've switched to mpd wich works fine.

Using mpd I still had problems with number of connections, it seems to
be a limit at 130 connections, so I've increased values for the
following sysctl variables:
net.graph.maxalloc=1024
net.graph.maxdgram=64000
net.graph.recvspace=64000

I don't know if this apply to pppoed, maybe other sysctl variable must
modified.

Also, I had another issues with pppoed. Sometimes when a windows client
is broken, and a user tries to connect it crash the server.